EMPOWER - ENGAGE - BUILD OWNERSHIP
Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) in cooperation with Institute for Development Policy (INDEP), are implementing a three-year project ‘Empower – Engage – Build Ownership’ supported by the EU Office in Kosovo.
The project objective is to enable Kosovo‘s civil society sector to fulfill its role in the democratic environment by acting as independent interlocutors, monitoring public institutions, increasing accountability and transparency in policy development and decision making processes regarding concerns of communities and civil society groups in the area of environment preservation, green energy and sustainable economic growth.
Among others, project purposes include:
- Improving the skills and information-sharing capability of CSOs on policy monitoring, advocacy and campaigning on the targeted thematic priorities;
- Increasing the incentive to improve participation of CSOs in policy making and policy implementation, advocacy and grassroots activities through funding organizations in the whole Kosovo;
- Increasing citizens’ awareness on sustainable development in Kosovo through supporting activities that especially promote environment preservation, green energy and sustainable economic growth. In a nutshell, the project aims to provide continuous support to public institutions and CSO's by engaging in activities that promote environmental preservation, green economy and sustainable economic growth in the whole Kosovo; and simultaneously, contribute in increasing citizens’ awareness on sustainable development in Kosovo.
PROMOTING GREEN ENERGY IN KOSOVO
“Promoting and supporting the inclusion of energy efficiency measures and renewable energy sources in Kosovo’s energy mix” project is financed by GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) and implemented by Balkan Green Foundation.
The overall objective is to contribute to a better understanding among the general public and public officials of the benefits brought by investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in Kosovo; increasing the general awareness on the importance and the concrete benefits of energy efficiency measures; contributing to improved societal behavioural change towards energy spending and savings by using new technologies and measures, achieved through new fiscal, administrative and public policy measures.
More specifically, the objectives of the project are:
- To advance the public dialogue, raise awareness on the importance of energy efficiency and seek effective ways to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy sources while at the same time advocating for green growth.
- To advocate for green economy principles, energy savings and the speeding up of the adoption of policy measures in governmental strategies, administrative measures and academic papers.